Everybody loves a good soup which will melt your heart. This Vegan pea soup is colorful, vibrant and high in protein and fiber and it makes a great appetizer that is also super quick and easy. And it’s also super gluten – free 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
What will you need:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 6 cups (804g) Frozen Peas
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream*
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
How to make it:
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, garlic, thyme and oregano and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the frozen peas and toss up with the onions and spices.
- Add in the vegetable stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Cook until the peas are firm but tender.
- Blend up the soup ideally using an immersion (handheld) blender or by transferring the soup in stages to the blender jug and blending it and then return it to the pot.
- Add sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut cream and a sprinkle of ground black pepper (optional).
Bon Appétit 🙂